Cosy Essentials For Winter Nights In
November 04 2014
Hello and welcome to November! Well the freakishly mild weather of last week has given way to colder climes. I do love the warmth but it is a bit disturbing to see that the cherry blossom tree at the back of my house has started to flower again. And cold November nights give us the perfect excuse for cosy nights at home before the Christmas madness. Here are some ideas to help you build your cosy November nest:
- Get into your PJ’s. And if you fancy a new pair, check out this lovely new brand called Yawn, just launched by a friend of Melanie’s. Gorgeous!
- Light the fire if you have one. If not, check out Cox & Cox’s lovely idea of wrapping their Naked Wire Lights around a display of logs and twigs. Ok, it’s not quite the same as an open fire but it goes a long way to creating the atmosphere. If you do have an open fire or wood burner, Cox & Cox have some great accessories, including this lovely log basket.
- Have fun with fairy lights. No they are not just for Christmas! Lay them over the mantelpiece or twist them around the banister. So cosy! The ones pictured are from Attic in Hampton Hill High Street.
- Light Candles. Nothing beats a flickering flame for cosiness and the more, the merrier. Display a selection of small tealight holders on a tray (at least 3 together) and add in a scented candle for more atmosphere. Again, the ones pictured are from Attic.
- Surround yourself with warm natural textures. Winter is a time for sheepskin and wool (well, in my house, any time of year is…but especially winter!). Sheepskin rugs can be used on the floor or on a sofa. Add in some wool blankets from Zara Home or John Lewis. I’m also in love with this woollen footstool from Cox & Cox. What do you think?